The Dental Schools Council is a membership organisation made up of all the dental schools within universities in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The Council engages in representative and policy work on matters relating to dental education as a whole. It is the authoritative voice of UK dental education.
- To be a principal source for informed opinion and advice on all matters concerning dental education and research in dental schools in the United Kingdom and Ireland, on relations between dental schools, medical schools, the National Health Service and other clinical care providers, and on relations with university dental schools and faculties in other countries
- To work to improve and maintain quality in basic dental education, clinical dental training and dental research, and to facilitate sharing of experience
- To be the principal source for informed opinion and advice on all matters concerning the roles and functions of staff and honorary staff of dental schools
- To promote dental education and research through collaboration with appropriate stakeholders
- To serve as a point of reference for the media
- To promote equal opportunities in all aspects of dental education, research and training
- To consider such other matters as the Dental Schools Council shall direct