Senior Officers Group
The Senior Officers Group is an affiliate group of the Dental Schools Council. Its membership consists of the most senior administrative staff member in each dental school.
- To provide a forum for dissemination and sharing of managerial good practice
- To provide a support network for peers in similar roles across the UK to complement local university support networks
- To work in partnership with the Dental Schools Council on strategies and policies of significance to dentistry in the UK
- To provide a body that can respond in collaboration with the Dental Schools Council on National and international policy and strategy developments of significance to dentistry within Higher Education and the National Health Service
- To undertake work independently of importance to the group
- To debate topical issues surrounding dental school and hospitals, including education, research, resourcing, governance, etc
- To discuss and formulate plans for practical implementation of new national policies and strategies of the Dental Schools Council
- To liaise, discuss and consult with relevant stakeholders as appropriate
The Chair of the Senior Officers Group is Anna Burrows from University of Sheffield School of Clinical Dentistry.