The Dental Schools Council is the representative body for dental schools across the UK and Ireland.
It is the authoritative voice of dental education in the UK and Ireland, engaging in representative and policy work on matters relating to dental education as a whole. The Dental Schools Council works to maintain and improve quality in education, clinical training and research.
- To be a principal source for informed opinion and advice on all matters concerning dental education and research in dental schools in the United Kingdom and Ireland, on relations between dental schools, medical schools, the National Health Service and other clinical care providers, and on relations with university dental schools and faculties in other countries
- To work to maintain and improve quality in basic dental education, clinical dental training and dental research, and to facilitate sharing of experience
- To be the principal source for informed opinion and advice on all matters concerning the roles and functions of staff and honorary staff of dental schools
- To promote dental education and research through collaboration with appropriate stakeholders
- To serve as a point of reference for the media
- To promote equal opportunities in all aspects of dental education, research and training
- To consider such other matters as the Dental Schools Council shall direct
Pages in this section: